Your Mac has a tendency to save stock apps and third-party programs within an unique folder called Applications. If you dislike making use of the Launch pad, the Applications folder is an excellent choice for opening, deleting, and also moving Mac apps.
On that particular note, here are some ways to find and open up the Mac Applications folder.
1. Open the Applications Folder From the Finder Sidebar
The typical approach to get to the Applications folder on your Mac involves opening a new Finder home window and picking Applications on the sidebar.
Choose Finder > Settings (or Preferences in macOS Monterey and older) on the menu bar if the Applications folder does not show up within the Finder sidebar. Switch to the Sidebar tab and also inspect the box following to Applications.
2. Open the Applications Folder From the Go Menu
One more means to bring up the Applications folder is to use your Mac's food selection bar. With your Mac's desktop computer selected, click Go > Applications on the food selection bar. Or, press Command + Shift + A.
3. Open Up the Applications Folder From Spotlight Search
The fastest means to open the Applications folder in macOS involves making use of Spotlight Search. To do this, press Command + Room bar (or the Spotlight function key on choose key-board designs) and type Applications. Then, select Applications from the search engine result.
Do this a number of times, and also Spotlight will instantly place the Applications folder on top of the results. You can after that open it by pushing Enter promptly after looking for it.
Spotlight is also a terrific means to open apps straight without seeing the Applications Folder or the Launchpad.
Utilizing the Mac's Applications Folder
Similar to the Mac's Launch pad, you can make use of the Applications folder to open any type of application on your Mac (leaving out any type of that have a tendency to run straight from the Downloads folder). Some native apps (such as Terminal and also Disk Energy) lie under a sub-folder labeled Utilities.
Along with releasing programs, below are numerous various other actions you can execute inside the Applications folder (they aren't extensive):
- Remove applications: Eliminate unwanted apps from your Mac.
- Examine information: Inspect information such as the complete size, kind (Intel, Apple silicon, or global), publisher, and so forth for an app; to do this, Control-click the thing and also pick Get Information.
- Transfer to the Dock: Drag apps into the Dock for faster access.
- Sight package contents: Sight the contents of an app; Control-click the item and also select Sight Package Contents.
Keeps Your Apps As Much As Date
Since you know how to open your Mac's Applications Folder, you won't have any type of difficulty handling as well as releasing whatever applications you require.
To ensure you keep having a smooth experience with your Mac applications, make certain you frequently maintain them up to day.